With new laws and penalties and an abundance of options and policies, making health care decisions can feel overwhelming. However, don’t let that prevent you from getting the coverage that you deserve. We’re here to break down the complexity and help you find your best option.
Here is what you need to know about Obamacare:
The Affordable Care Act, or ACA, became law in March of 2010 and is often referred to as Obamacare.
The primary goals of Obamacare are:
- Make affordable health insurance available to everyone: The law provides consumers with premium tax credits (subsidies) that lower costs for households with incomes between 100% and 400% of the federal poverty level.
- Prevent insurance companies from denying coverage at times when the insured would have the most pressing need for it.
- Require insurance policies to include coverage for annual physical exams, laboratory tests, emergency medical care, contraception, and pregnancy.
- Ensure that families can keep their adult children on their policy until age 26.
- Prevent insurers from discriminating against pre-existing health conditions, which historically obstructed many individuals from coverage.
There are four coverage levels:
Bronze Plan: This plan offers the lowest monthly premium, but highest cost out-of-pocket for medical care.
Silver Plan: The Silver Plan has the second lowest monthly premium and covers more of your routine care than the Bronze Plan. It also offers extra-savings for those who qualify for cost-sharing subsidies.
Gold Plan: This plan includes high monthly premiums, low deductibles, and low costs for care.
Platinum Plan: Highest monthly premiums and smallest cost out-of-pocket. Great for those who need regular care.
Difference Between Obamacare and Traditional Health Care
Obamacare is a significant regulatory overhaul of the healthcare system. It utilizes directives, subsidies, and insurance exchanges aimed to increase the scope, quality, and affordability of healthcare in the open market system.
Obamacare allows you to search for your health care coverage on the open market and receive subsidies to make your health care coverage more affordable. If you earn a low income, you may qualify for Obamacare subsidies.Or give us a call at…
Licensed insurance agents are available to help you
navigate your plan options
Low-cost plansStop overpaying for Healthcare. Get your FREE quote today and start SAVING tomorrow.
Experienced Licensed Insurance AgentsQuestions? Licensed insurance agents are available to help you through enrollment and beyond. Call us and speak directly with a licensed insurance agent.
Review Your ChoicesA more affordable Healthcare plan is only a few simple questions away. See how much you can save!